Community Support Worker
Temporary 3-6 Months
Based in Jubilee Fields Community Centre
(Flexible 10 – 14hrs per week)
Salary: £10 per hour
The Jubilee Fields Community Association was set up in 1996 and is a registered charity. (No: 1107811) The Community Centre provides a wide variety of services for local people and groups including, Pre-School groups, provision for adults, children & young people, unemployed people, people with disabilities and educational opportunities etc.
Due to an increase in centre usage, we have a temporary position available for a Community Support Worker. We are looking for someone who can be flexible with their hours, which will include evenings and weekends. You should be comfortable dealing with people face to face and answering the telephone, previous experience of working within a community setting would be advantageous but not necessary as full training and support will be given.
The main purposes of the post will be:
Key holder duties:
- Opening and closing of the building as appropriate to Centre use which will involve evening and weekend work.
- Handling cash and cheques and dealing with payment queries where necessary.
- Taking bookings via the telephone, face to face and email
- Setting up rooms for activities & users as appropriate.
- Be hands on in supporting the delivery of projects and courses and obtaining feedback.
- Communicate with the wide range of groups and users & members of the community to continue to build on the positive relationships we have.
- Clearing away rooms and undertaking of light cleaning duties once activities and user groups have competed their sessions.
- Support in ensuring the entrances to the building are kept clean and tidy (including grassed area)
- Reporting minor repairs and maintenance
- Undertake training as required which the centre will provide
- Any other duties required reporting directly to the centre administrator
These duties may change as appropriate.
The post holder will work at all times under the Health and Safety Guidelines and Policies set down by the Management Committee.
Please apply by sending your CV and covering letter addressed to the Management Committee by Tuesday 24th May 2022.